Best Sewing Machines For Quilting
One of the ancient practices done by humans, for centuries, is that of sewing. Due to this reason, with growing time, technologically advanced and ergonomically designed sewing machines are being introduced. Sewing machines are used to stick different fabrics together with the help of a thread. These machines were invented when the first Industrial Revolution took place and since then onwards, sewing machines are looked upon as one of the greatest technological invention.
Today, we will list a few best sewing machines and also the ones that are feasible to purchase. The potentiality offered by these best, yet cheap sewing machines is everlasting.
1) Juki DDL-8100 Economy DDL-8700 Table Cut:
A sewing machine is a very essential product especially for all the designers out there. You need a good sewing machine to tailor all the trendy outfits. The Juki DDL-8100 Economy is an excellent product. However, one must keep in mind that it comes in different parts. It is expected of you to join those parts and assemble the entire machine.
The machine comes with an instruction manual; however, you may need to seek professional help with assembling it. The instruction manual is not very detailed so for better understanding, you can even watch YouTube videos. These videos explain how to join the parts in a very easy manner. One you get the hang of it, it does not seem to be difficult anymore.
This sewing machine is extremely compatible with all sorts of materials. This means that regardless of the cloth or material being used, it can be easily sewn with the help of this machine. Furthermore, it is created in such a way that it causes minimum vibration and noise. The machine is extremely long lasting and safe to use.
- Comes with an instruction manual
- Maximum 6 stitches per inch
- Comes with a sewing machine table
- Equipped with a 550W energy saver
- Maximum sewing speed of 5500 spm
- Is highly durable
- Has a good speed
- You are required to assemble it
- The assembly may be very time consuming.
2) Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
If you are yearning to take your designing skills to the next level and step into the professional world, then this machine is the best option for you. Now you do not have to look elsewhere for the perfect and professional sewing machine. We have you covered. The best part is that it comes with eighteen unique stitches! Yes, you heard right, eighteen stitches. Such a feature is not easily available in ever product. Therefore, to find one that comes with such amazing features is a great feat.
With such a wide variety of stitches available, you can now create millions of different designs. You can create everyday looks and even curtains and quilts. This is awesome as it only increases your imagination and will to design more. Moreover, you can also work with all sorts of material, from leather to cloth. All of this is possible because of the fact that it is equipped with a strong and heavy duty motor. Thus making it highly reliable and sturdy.
Now you can attach a button hole in a single step and your job will be done. Moreover, you do not continuously have to put pressure on your eyes by trying to pull the thread through the needle. This usually weakens ones eyesight and you would not want that to happen to you. Do not worry anymore. The Janome HD3000 will do the job for you. All you have to do is press a button and your job would be done.
- Has a one-step button hole
- Comes with a built-in threader. These days when everyone is looking for a short cut, such features prove to be quite effective.
- Comes with a very high left foot presser. This not only highlights the products user friendly design but also ensures your maximum comfort.
- Has a light and an adjustable arm length.
- Light ensures that you can work in the dark without straining your eyes
- Very user friendly
- Long- lasting
- Quite expensive
- Not many people can afford
- Not available in all countires
3) SINGER | | Quantum Stylist 9960
Singer Quantum Stylist 9960, has a great number of ergonomic features that helps you in improving as well as accomplishing your creativity levels. But the question here is, how? This sewing machine has a variety of stitches for selection, helping in sewing fashionista clothes, which includes the basic, stretch as well as decorative stitches. Furthermore, this the best sewing machine for quilting, decorating your homes with best sofa bed mattress as well as for crafting. When it comes to customization, we can select our desired fonts for our projects.
The feature of automatic needle threader helps you restrain from eye strain and further frustration of it not entering in the needle’s eye. This saves your time and energy. The 600 built in stitches have a few extraordinary functions such as 5 Alphanumeric fonts, one step buttonholes are total 13 in number which has an absolute buttonhole under plate. Functions such as mirror imaging and elongation of stitches also open creative opportunities.
- Computerized in nature
- 600 stitches available
- Electronic auto-pilot mode is present
- There is an extension table attached
- Other bonus accessories are provided
- Option for customization
- Stitch pattern selection is double as compared to other competitor sewing machines
- High stitching speed (850 stitches per minute)
- Weight is too heavy (more than 20 pounds)
- This machine is not exactly portable
4) SINGER Confidence Quilter 7469Q
Every sewing machine is not built to sew quilts or take heavy duties such like sewing jeans and canvases. Hence, if you want a machine that is ideally suitable for quilting then Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q is the best option for your interest.
This sewing machines also consists of an automatic needle threader which again, saves you some and energy especially from the eye strain. This function is of great help and many people consider this function while choosing the best sewing machine for quilting. Another function with great value attached to it is the bobbin system. This machine helps to easily drop and sew and less time is consumed on drawing the bobbin system up. This way your stitching work becomes pretty fast and quick.
Furthermore, there are 98 built in stitches that have one step buttonholes (7 automatic ones) that help you in achieving and accomplishing your long term goals of stitching. These 98 stitches make you style your quilts, clothes and other decorations in different and unique ways.
Coming to the buttonhole, it is easy to sew them in just one step. Singer Confidence Quilter has the great quality of a buttonhole in which you can put the button in the buttonhole and let the machine do its miracles on its own but bringing in the right and appropriate size demanded.
The length, width and tension of stitching can be controlled while stitching quilts. The length and width can be customized in this sewing machine. All you have to do is adjust the distance and size of your stitch according to your requirement. This way you can distinguish the space, narrow or wider, whatever way you want.
This sewing machine is portable and will consume less space in your homes.
- It is also a computerized sewing machine
- Has 98 built in stitches
- Needle is programmable (up and down function)
- Consists of 2 bright LED’s
- System for bobbin
- A reverse touch button is available
- Tension system is also adjustable
- Threading is easier
- Best sewing machine for quilting
- Stitch length, width can be adjusted
- Foot pressure can also be adjusted
- It is portable
- A strong and tough sewing machine
- No option for speed control is present
- This sewing machine can only be used in the US and Canada
5) Brother Sewing Machine, ST371HD
Brother ST371HD has the ability to work vigorously as it can take hold of great volumes along with precision because it is considered to be a tough and durable sewing machine. ST371HD is so far one of the best sewing machine for quilting because it can easily handle a broad range of thickness and weights and that too of different fabrics. Be it silk, denim or quilt, this machine definitely knows how to do its job. A few other fabrics include canvas, jeans, burlap, leather, suede etc. This technical feature highlights the versatility and durability of this sewing machine and how you can depend on it.
Other good features of this machine are of the metal needle plate through which the threading mechanism has been protected and the pick up speed of the thread improves as well. This metal needle plate includes needles to deal with different types of cloth such as no. 16 deals with denim and canvas stuff, no. 14 deals in sewing various layers of fabric and no. 11 to deal with every day sewing with light weighted cloth such as silk. Along with this, a well-built and strong metal chassis is present to bring about good stability so that the stitching remains consistent also in high speed. This metal chassis is known to be the foundation of Brother ST371HD sewing machine.
Moreover, selecting which type of stitch do you need is very easy now. You simply have to choose your buttonhole, decoration and the most convenient stitches according to your desire. You will see that all your selected stitches are printed on the machine.
- 37 built-in stitches
- Needles are heavy weight
- 6 quick changing sewing feet
- DVD for instructions is present
- Free helpline for customers who need technical support
- It is affordable
- High durability
- Sewing is not so good
- The buttonholes are below average
6) SINGER | Heavy Duty 4432 Sewing Machine:
Together with a strong motor and an interior made up of a sturdy metal, the Singer Heavy Duty 4432 sewing machine is sure to last you for a good couple of years. Moreover you can sew all types of materials with it. The powerful motor ensures that you can sew through blankets of material like leather and jeans. Its motor is 60% more powerful than that of usual sewing machines. This makes it super user friendly and easy to use on all materials.
In addition, it has an exceptional piercing power and an excellent speed of up to 1100 stitches in one minute. This sort of a speed in not common to standard sewing machines. Therefore, you must get your hands on this one. This is a great one time investment to solve all your designing problems. Moreover, this machine is extremely durable. It is made of good quality parts so you do not have to continuously spend your time fixing it. This product will last you for years.
- Comes with a built-in one- step button hole
- Has a snap-on presser feet
- Has three needle positions, board storage and a presser foot pressure control that can be adjusted according to ones needs.
- It also comes with a free arm which adds to your comfort and ensures that you have an easy means of stitching up areas like cuffs, collars and hems.
- You can change and adjust the position of the needle according to what you are sowing, e.g. zippers or top stitching.
- Has eighteen built in stitches and an automatic needle threader.
- Also has a built-in light bulb which is very essential.
- Sturdy material
- Easy to use
- General 25 year warranty
- Is comparatively reasonable
- No light included
- Only has a few basic stitch designs
- Not a lot of stitches available
7) Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine with 14 Built-In Stitches
Fix all your tailoring problems with the Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine. This machine comes with all the features that you would find in an expensive product. However, you will be interested to know that it is not at all expensive. This is extremely great because everyone cannot afford to buy a costly product. Thus, it is good to know that there is a product out there that gives you high quality features in a comparatively low price.
This machine is made up of aluminum. This is a very long lasting metal. Thus, the machine is very durable and will last you for a long time. Moreover, the metal exterior makes it look good as well. An amalgamation of all these interesting features makes it extremely easy to use. You are guaranteed to have a wonderful experience while using this machine and we are sure that you will definitely come back for more.
The machine comes with a couple of additional add-ons. There are often moments when you do not have the time or the money to buy these extra accessories. Therefore, it is great that the machine already come with them. These accessories include bobbins, felt, extra needles, screwdrivers, seam ripper, button hole ripper, zipper foot, hemmer foot, buttonhole foot, a hem guide and also a soft cover. Furthermore, it also has a removable free arm for sewing pants, cuffs, and collars.
- Has fourteen built-in stitches and a four step button hole.
- The stitches include types like utility and stretch stitches.
- The button hole is very easy to attach and you can be done with it in only four steps. With such a feature where the product has various unique built-in stitches, you are bound to create masterpieces.
- Has built-in needle threader so that the thread can be pulled through the needle in the blink of an eye.
- The needle threader ensures you do not weaken your eyesight
- Can create thousands of designs and works with every material
- Best sewing machine for quilting
- Very easy to use
- Made up of aluminum, thus is highly durable and sturdy
- Is quite heavy
- The thread tension control is manual
8) Singer 7258
Singer is one of the most renowned sewing machines brand that have brought some amazing and best sewing machines to the international market. These machines are famous because they have the capability of easy decorations. If you are planning to give your designs a better finishing with majestic decorations, then this Singer 7258 sewing machine is the best choice you have.
Although, the Singer’s portfolio contains a lot many good quality sewing machines, each one of them having its own best and unique features, it becomes hard for us to choose.
Finding hard to lose weight? Here is what we have for you! Singer 7258 can prove to be the best exercise machine to lose weight at home as it keeps your body occupied with almost every feature present. This sewing machine can take on heavy duties hence, it is best suited for professional sewing of quilts.
Once you get your hands on it, you will definitely not find other machines as useful as this one. The computerization and electronic feature of this sewing machine makes basic sewing tasks very convenient. Apart from this, needle threading and cutting of thread are also very easy. There is a variety of 100 stitches and you can choose whichever you like. Along with this, it has 76 decorative stitches as well. Adding on to this, there is a small LCD that helps you sorting out your desired stitches. Moreover, you can also adjust the length, width and strength of the stitch too.
- Consists of 100 stitches
- Computerized sewing machine
- 76 decorative stitches
- Needle threader is automatic
- 25 years of warranty
- Durable and strong
- It is convenient to use as it has automated functions
- Bobbin is simply remarkable in terms of loading and winding
- Good LED lighting helps work efficiently and ideally
- A wide range of stitched available for you to choose
- All fundamental accessories are already present
- This machine only works when there is a 110V connection
- It can only be used in Canada and the US
9) Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:
This sewing machine is the perfect product for all the aspiring designers. Your creative ideas together with the Brother Computerized sewing machine can make the dream team. Now you can design anything you wish for; from carpets and quilts to red carpet worthy dresses. This machine is the best option for you.
It has excellent features which improve its quality and make it the perfect choice for you. This sewing machine designed in such a way in order to ensure its sturdiness and longevity. In addition, it is also very flexible and adaptable which means that you can work with a long list of materials to create anything you want to. This feature is quite great as you now do not have to limit your imagination and your ideas.
Furthermore, the machine also comes with an LCD screen. In today’s technologically fast world, we are all used to LCD screens that we do not feel at ease without it. The LCD screen is only present to heighten our comfort. It also makes the machine very user friendly and can be used by everyone (not just professionals). The last LCD screen makes a lot of things easy for you. Now, the selection of the type of stitches you want will only be a touch away. You can also select the type of cuffs, sleeves, motion quilting and sewing that you want to have.
- Comes with 165 unique stitches which include anything for decoration, utility and even heirlooms.
- Has eight different designs of button holes. These can be attached onto the item you are sewing in just one step.
- These button holes can automatically adjust themselves according to the size of the button. This helps you design and create anything you want to, ranging from everyday clothes to even quilts. Thus, making it one of the best sewing machines for quilting.
- It also has eight different sewing feet which help you create unique new designs.
- These sewing feet include ones for creating a button hole, button sewing, zigzags, zippers, blind stitching, overcasting, monogramming and even quilting. This also makes it the best sewing machine for quilting.
- It is computerized
- Has 110 built-in stitches which allow you to create multiple designs
- Automatic needle threader
- It can be difficult for some people to use
- Not very sturdy
- Is made of plastic which is detrimental to the environment
10) Brother CS6000I Sewing Machine
As there is a wide range of best sewing machines available in the market, it becomes a bit hard for beginner sewers to select the machine that is friendly to use. Technologically advanced machines leave you confused with their control buttons, threading guides etc. However, now you don’t have worry about it anymore because Brother CS6000I sewing machine is the foremost choice for beginners and one reason for this is its cheap cost.
Moreover, this machine is portable and strong in terms of features such as an LCD screen and automatic threading needle. People who enjoy sewing at home are comfortable using this machine as it is easy to operate. We see that not only beginners find this low cost sewing machine efficient but the experienced and professional sewers as well. This machine not only repairs your ripped jeans and other torn clothes but is so far the best sewing machine for quilting too.
As we have mentioned above, that this machine is portable, it is ideal for stitching at home as it also consumes very less space. It is easily set up by reading the manual provided along with it and then use it according to the instructions.
- 60 stitches (for quilting and decorative stitches)
- No extension table
- An auto-needle threader
- 25 years of warranty guaranteed
- A hard storage case if also provided
- 1 step buttonholes have 7 different styles
- LCD screen present for easy reading
- Per minute, it can give an average of 850 stitches
- User friendly for sewing and quilting
- Needle threader is automatic
- Sewing speed is adjustable
- The table is wide
- A free-arm already fixed
- Monetarily valuable
- Lever is too low for some people
- Inconvenient to store accessories in this machine as it has a very small opening
- Some people find the LCD screen not correctly lighted.